We are having a terrific time showing our boys around Tony's old stompin' ground. We are staying in the house he grew up in, and riding motorcycles in the same desert he tore up 25 years ago. Tony's Grandad owned an electric company, Luchini Electric, for years and years - and this is a photo of one of the Luchini Electric trucks. His Grandad was a "collector" of "things"... which is a nice way of saying he never got rid of anything. There's a fleet of boom trucks, ladder trucks, an old Winnebago, a really old dairy truck (I'm trying to convince Tony to bring it home w/ us. It would make the cutest ice cream truck!!!)and even an old school bus. Never a shortage of things to do or fix. Every little boy's dream.
How's the weather in Las Cruces? I'm glad you asked. We've had a record rainfall since landing on Tuesday afternoon. Today it rained 2.9". Ask me what happens when it rains in the desert??? Everything washes away! I'm fascinated by the arroyos, and the people who build houses in the middle of them. Interesting. I'll see if I can snap a few pictures so you get an idea of what I'm talking about.
How's the weather in Las Cruces? I'm glad you asked. We've had a record rainfall since landing on Tuesday afternoon. Today it rained 2.9". Ask me what happens when it rains in the desert??? Everything washes away! I'm fascinated by the arroyos, and the people who build houses in the middle of them. Interesting. I'll see if I can snap a few pictures so you get an idea of what I'm talking about.
No comments:
Post a Comment