Friday, July 11, 2008

Good Morning to you, too!


If you love spiders as much as I do, you'll LOVE this post. The boys came blasting into our room this morning telling us they were "going on a tarantula hunt" with Tami. Ha ha, very cute boys. They said Tami already caught one this morning.... wanted us to come and see. I figured they were just using their imagination - maybe she caught a large Daddy Long-leg, or possibly a cockroach. No such luck. She opened the front door this morning and found this little beauty wedged between the front door and the screen door, trying to get inside the house and wish us a good morning. Startled, she gently kicked the cute little bugger and unfortunately it did not survive the confrontation.
Hee hee, joke's on me, the strange little city girl never knew that tarantulas are "desert dwellers" that come out "only when it rains." WTF???? Seriously. It has rained every blankety-blank day since we got to this God-forsaken town. And you are just now telling me that "they only come out when it rains." Not cool.
I mustered all the courage I possess to take this photo for all of you. The first photo I took didn't turn out well as the spider was "resting" in the cute little bug catcher Levi made when he was 12; so Tami gently shook it out onto the sidewalk for a better shot. I wasn't prepared for the involuntary spasm my body went though, and ended up pulling a muscle in my side; but I'm okay. So here it is. Good morning to all of you from me.
Julie, Megan, and Allison: next time any of you see mom, please show her this picture and thank her for not raising us in the desert.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh...I would so be on the NEXT flight out of there! Sleep well tonight!

Alli Blue said...

I HATE YOU! That was horrible! Please have an advisory warning before you let a post like rip! I am soooooooo sorry you are in TRANTULA COUNRTY! Go to an out doors store and get a skeeter net before you go to sleep! UuuGGGHHwwhhhwhwhh!

Leah said...

Hey I saw your blog from Alli's. Don't know if you remember me I was one of Alli's roomies back in the day. But I thought your post was so funny because I am in El Paso right now for the summer which is 30 min. from Las Cruces! I too have been experiencing these crazy rain storms here. However...I have been lucky enough to NOT see one of those suckers creeping around! How scary! Enjoy your vacation. And your boys are adorable!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,
Just wanted to update you.... We've had 3 more inches of rain and nary a spider. Did they all go home in your suitcase? Also, I still have the specimen in the cage. Shall I post it to the boys? Ooops that was supposed to be a surprise.

It is sooooo quiet down here. We really enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again next year.
Tami

PS I love the blog and pictures.