Monday, September 15, 2008

Luke's Hot Rod

Today after preschool Luke asked me if he (we) could build a car out of a box. I set aside the mile-long list of things I needed to get done during those precious few hours between preschool and Dallas arriving home starved and ready to rumble, and set out to build the best darn cardboard car my child has ever seen.
First I made a preliminary sketch:

Next we gathered all of the necessary tools and art supplies and got to work. I did all the major cutting and left painting to the master.


Luke napped and I made dinner (lasagna rolls - a family fav) while we waited for the paint to dry. Dallas' arrival home from school was timed perfectly and he was able to help with the finishing touches. (The license plate was Dal's idea - it reads "Hot Rod" but it's a little tricky to see in the pictures.)





Daddy came home to find Luke "parked" in his parking space. A day well spent. Oh, and yes, his rims are pink. It's all the rage with the 3.75 yr. olds!

3 comments:

Megan Cox said...

Please let Luke know that when he's at Mimi's on Tuesdays we will stick to coloring.

Alli Blue said...

I second that motion!

Jill said...

how cute is that? I think I need the receipt for the Lasagna Rolls. Hope I spelled that right. I love the pink rims.